Thursday 25 November 2010

Auricular Acupuncture.

Gosh! One month has gone past and haven't managed to write any updates!
After the ear candling I have finally done the pregnancy massage course: Bella never managed to experience the "newly" gained techniques, but it looks like Matteo will have a little bro or sis before too long, so chances are that I will see Bella with the bump soon...lots of planning in that home, lol!

In the main time I have decided to take further the Auricular Acupuncture; I didn't feel particularly confident handling needles after my training last June, so I decided to search for more colleges offering this type of training.
I have found that the CNM (College of Naturophatic Medicine) http://www.naturopathy-uk.com was running an advanced course starting this month and I basically enrolled on the same day it started, on the 13th! There is one more week-end to follow in January 2011 and some other professional modules I can decide to take in the future if I wish.
So, this time I have been feeling much more confident, recognising easily the correspondent parts of the body in the ear and been puncturing and discovering different sizes and shapes of ears. Great fun!
Haily, my colleague at Emma's, has been my best customer trying the needles so far, totally loving the experience and not a single complain. In fact there can be a slight feeling of pain at the right insertion of the needle, but after a little bit the sensation totally subsides, sedating the nerves and offering a calming feeling of well-being, yet maintaining alertness. We must remember that tolerance to pain varies from person to person. In some pieces of research that I have found about acupuncture, pain also plays a pivotal role in the healing process of the body since it stimulates its ability to respond, moving the original sense of discomfort that was caused by the stagnating energy.
In little words "no pain, no gain", but very moderately ;)

Now, palpate your ears and if you find a sensitive spot trace what is the correspondent part in this ear model. Have fun!

(You might need to enlarge the photo)


No comments: